Are you a first-time buyer taking that cautious, yet exciting, first step up the property ladder? Maybe you own a home already, but you are looking to buy a brand new home. Thanks to lower deposits resulting from the Help To Buy Scheme, new build homes are becoming a more popular choice and are more affordable than ever before.
Here at hpjv solicitors, we understand that, for many of us, the home buying process can seem a little daunting and complicated. Indeed, it is true to say that buying a new build is quite different, and a little more complex, than buying an established property.
Often our clients will only have seen the show home. Construction of your new home may not yet be completed, or even have started. It will often be difficult for the seller to give anything more than an approximate completion date, due to factors such as weather conditions and availability of materials to finish the house. Yet you, the purchaser, will normally be given no more than 28 days to exchange contracts after reserving the property, and, if you fail to do so, could lose the reservation fee and lose the property to another buyer.
How can we help?
At hpjv solicitors, we have a track record of helping our clients to buy their new dream home. We have worked with, and built a rapport with, estate agents, developers, and builders across South Wales and we understand completely the complexities and tight timescales of a new build purchase.
New build developments where we have helped our clients to purchase their new homes include: Loftus Garden Village, Lysaghts Village, Monks Meadow, St Modwen Homes and North Haven.
If you are looking to buy a new build property, time is of the essence in instructing a solicitor to guide you through the process and for you to make inquiries as to the availability of a mortgage, if one is needed.
We can help you by guiding you through each stage of the buying process with a view to ensuring that the purchase of your new build home runs smoothly and with as little stress as possible. Along the way, we will undertake such work as:
- Liaising with the developer’s site team and the developer’s solicitors
- Ensuring the build complies with planning permission
- Ensuring building regulations consent is complied with
- Ensuring there is an adequate structural guarantee for your home (normally NHBC)
- Ensuring there is a proper agreement in place for new road developments on the site
- Ensuring there is a proper agreement for maintenance of drains & sewers
- Checking rights of way, rights to use drains and sewers, pipes and cables and rights of access to these services
- Ensuring that, once the property is structurally complete, completion of your purchase takes place within the tight time schedule set by the contract
If you decide to instruct us, you will benefit from:
- Competitive fixed fees with no hidden costs
- Our extensive experience of helping clients with new-build purchases
- Our working relationship with local developers, agents and with mortgage lenders
- Our access to cutting edge software to progress your matter efficiently
- Clear jargon-free advice
- Regular up-dates by phone or e-mail
- A friendly, professional, and, reliable service
- We are accredited members of the Law Society’s Quality Conveyancing Scheme
Contact us today and we will be happy to speak to you about how we can help you to become the proud owner of your dream home.