Buying your own home can be one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, purchases you will ever make. Whether you are buying for the first time or moving to a new home, the whole process can be both thrilling and stressful, in equal parts.
Selling a home can, likewise, for many of us, be a highly stressful life event, with huge financial consequences.
You may, of course, be both buying a new home and selling your old home at the same time. Double the stress!
Here at hpjv solicitors, we have, over many years, successfully helped thousands of clients to buy and sell their homes. Many of those clients come back to us years later when they are ready to move again, so we must be doing something right.
We provide a friendly, reliable conveyancing service for buying and selling all types of property in Newport and across South Wales. We are members of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme, reflecting the high standards of our property services.
To give you certainty over the costs involved, we offer fixed fee conveyancing for most transactions, meaning the price we quote at the outset is the price you will pay in the end, with no hidden costs.
Speak to one of our expert conveyancing solicitors in Newport today by calling 01633 242 526 or use the contact form on the right to ask a question.
How we can help you buy or sell your home
Our South Wales conveyancing solicitors have strong expertise with a wide range of property types, including for:
- Buying and selling freehold property
- Buying and selling leaseholds
- First time buyers
- Buying park homes
- Buying a second home (including stamp duty when buying a second home)
- Buying a holiday home
Conveyancing for buying a new home
Our Newport conveyancing solicitors can guide you through the entire legal process involved in buying a residential property, including:
- Reviewing contracts of sale/lease agreements
- Handling payment of the deposit
- Carrying out essential conveyancing checks
- Reviewing searches
- Transfer of the balance of the sale price
- Exchange of contracts
- Registering change of title
- Payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in England
- Payment of Land Transaction Tax (LTT) in Wales
Our legal fees for buying a home
Our residential buying fees cover all of the legal work needed to purchase your new home. We have separate fees for buying freehold or leasehold properties, with the costs based on the value of the property and the fees charged by third-parties, such as for essential conveyancing checks.
Find out more about our residential freehold buying fees.
Find out more about our residential leasehold buying fees.
Conveyancing for selling your home
Our conveyancing solicitors in Newport can guide you through the entire legal process involved in selling a residential property, including:
- Preparing contracts of sale
- Taking payment of the deposit
- Taking payment of the balance of the sale price
- Paying off your mortgage (where required)
- Handling the exchange of contracts
Our legal fees for selling your home
Our residential selling fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your home, with the costs being based on the value of your property and the fees charged by third parties, such as the Land Registry.
Find out more about our residential selling fees.
Why choose hpjv’s conveyancing solicitors for buying or selling your home?
Whether you are buying or selling, or both, you need to make sure you are hiring experienced solicitors who can make the whole process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
If you decide to instruct us, you will benefit from:
- Competitive fixed fees with no hidden costs
- Our extensive experience of helping clients with both sales and purchases
- Our access to cutting edge software to progress your matter efficiently
- Our working relationships with local estate agents and with mortgage lenders
- Our local knowledge
- Clear jargon-free advice
- Regular up-dates by phone or e-mail
- A friendly, professional and reliable service
- We are accredited members of the Law Society’s Quality Conveyancing Scheme
If you are buying, remember that there is no obligation on you to use a solicitor recommended by the estate agent or by your mortgage lender – in fact, we are members of many major mortgage lender panels, which means that we can also act for your mortgage lender, at no additional cost, thus making the whole process that much more seamless.
You may decide to shop around so that you can compare prices, only to find that there is not a great difference in prices between one firm of solicitors and another. We would like to think, and certainly many of our clients tell us so, that we stand out from the crowd because, not only do we offer experience, a professional service and competitive prices, but because we are friendly, approachable, and put our clients’ interests right at the forefront of our business.
Speaking to our conveyancing solicitors in Newport today
Contact us today and we will be happy to speak to you about how we can help you to buy or sell your home efficiently and with the minimum stress.
For more information or to speak to one of our experts please call us on:
01633 242 526