Child Arrangement Orders in Newport

When faced with the breakdown of your relationship, your main concern is naturally going to be your children’s welfare. A relationship break-up is a challenging time for all, especially a child and we understand that the decisions you may have to make about the children will be the most difficult.

At hpjv solicitors we never forget that your children are your priority and that their emotional and physical wellbeing is important to you. It is to us too as we make sure that you are offered legal advice that enables you to address your child’s security and future. We recognise that everyone’s situation is different and that the legal advice and practical steps to be taken differ from case to case. However, in certain circumstances the need to involve the Family Court is unavoidable and may be the best or only option for you and your family.

The most common court orders granted in cases regarding private children matters and following the breakdown of a relationship are:

  • Child Arrangement Orders are granted by the Family Court when making decisions about who the children are to live with, how much time they should spend with either parent, whether they should stay overnight with the other parent, go on holidays, share their time at Christmas and other celebrations for example.
  • Specific Issue Orders are granted by the Court if there are specific matters surrounding a child’s upbringing that cannot be dealt with by agreement between their parents. This could include what school a child should attend.
  • Prohibited Steps Orders prevent one parent from acting in a particular way regarding their child and would be recommended if one parent threatened to take a child out of the country without the others consent.

These are just some examples of when a court order may be required. We appreciate that everyone’s situation is very different and would recommend that you obtain legal advice tailored to you and your children’s specific needs.

Should you have any questions that relate to private children matters concerning your family whether it be your children, step children, grandchildren then please contact a member of our family team.

At hpjv solicitors whatever action is necessary in your case, rest assured you will be advised fully during the process. We will ensure you completely understand each part of the process and will not be overwhelmed with legal jargon and left feeling uncertain about your legal rights and responsibilities for you and your children.

When faced with the difficult situation of having to make choices about your children or risk them spending time or even living away from you then we understand that you will have a whole range of questions and queries. We have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions. However, we stress that every case is different and each person’s family situation is unique, so it is best to seek advice from a specialised Family and Children Lawyer to ensure you are obtaining advice that is focussed on your personal circumstances.

We offer a Free First Consultation on all family matters and we also offer fixed fees for your legal costs to make sure that you have clarity on how much your matter will cost, removing any unnecessary worry of escalating legal costs.


Free First Consultation                   No Hidden Costs                  Same Day Response


We are delighted that our Criminal Department have won Criminal Team of the Year at the Wales...
Read more